Called to Serve

Friday, February 27, 2015

February 9, 2015


Hey Fam!


We had another great week this week in the Memphis Jungle! Its crazy how fast weeks go by out here. I feel like I was just emailing yesterday!

But anyways last wednesday we had a zone meeting where we talked about our purpose and having effective studies. It was a good meeting and the spirit was strong! We had a high council men come and share the vision of the stake for missionary work and he also told his conversion story! It was great stuff. Afterwards we went on exchanges and I brought Elder Bennet over to memphis with me! I know I say this all the time but miracles always happen on exchanges! We just had a great day full of tender mercies. We were really excited for sunday because we had 10 people with baptismal dates that were all set and ready to come to church. But as the clock struck 9 sunday morning no one was there. We left the meeting and started making some calls and all that but no one was answering. Sunday is the most important day of the week and for members of the church it can be relaxing and recharging but for a missionary sunday is almost never a day of rest, its a day of stress. I have really gained some empathy for parents of teenage kids everytime my companion and I pray saturday night that our investigators will not stay out to late and will get rest so they can wake up for church sunday morning. The tables really turn on ya once you become a missionary! Anyways we did finally have 2 people show up which was a huge blessing and both of them are progressing well. One of our investigators named Jessica is getting married this friday and baptized next saturday so we are excited! The work is going great but its going to fast! Thanks family for all that you do for me!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment